- News in Levels http://www.newsinlevels.com/
- Room for Debate (NY Times) http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate
I think the language used in these discussions are quite difficult for English language learners, but they can still be useful. Teachers can get ideas about what topics students can discuss in class, use the text as a model for how to write position papers, analyze grammar structures, etc. This would be most suitable for advanced learners.
- Ted Talks http://www.ted.com/
- Learning English (Voice of America) http://learningenglish.voanews.com
- This American Life http://www.thisamericanlife.org/
- National Public Radio (NPR) http://www.npr.org/